In the darkest of hours
You put your knees up
Hug yourself tight
And get lost in the sea of loneliness
Then again, we are only human
Prone to making mistakes
Prone to fall so easy
Then get hurt like a boomerang
Let go of all the pains
Push all the worries away
When you least expect it
The world’s greatness will manifest itself
The darkness you have known will just be a phase
Tomorrow, love again
Like it’s the first time
Leave your walls broken as it is
Because hiding wouldn’t help
Feel beautiful with all the scars and marks
Be it fresh or old, shallow or deep
Your pain makes you who you are.
So this is the week… where flowers and chocolates seem to fly around daily. Kisses and hugs are not enough for public display of affection and all that cheesy drama. Yes I am single and happy by choice and I do not dread valentines. I am actually a bit excited about it because I can’t wait to wear my yellow custard dress for a concert (Insert my craziness again).
My friends and I started this special week by watching the movie “crazy, stupid, love” and “one more chance”. I realized, we may have all these things and thoughts that we can attach to the feeling called “LOVE” but one thing is certain, we as humans are lucky to have the ability to love and ‘forgive and forget’. We can associate love with so many things, a lot say it is overated. In fact it is, but how did it become like that? Because we are so full of it… and no matter how we deny it, we love to love. SIMPLE RIGHT? We are the ones who makes it overated… I don’t know about you but I plan to keep it that way. ^^
So to all of you out there… let go of all the bitterness. LIVE AND LOVE this week and so on. As for me, I will donate some blood, sing for an event, watch a concert, eat dinner with friends and swim non-stop once the weekend comes.
Longing for someone is like the sunset
You want the sun to just be in the horizon for it looks so beautiful
Then again, even time cannot stop that
Slowly it will go down
Darkness will come and replace the orangey shade of the sky
Just like a hand, drifting away from your grip
No matter how hard is to let go
It is the best thing to do
For once it’s dark and you are all alone
The moon will shine and stars will cry with you
“The Silent Killer”
The most painful goodbye for me are the quiet ones where no words were whispered. You were just left hanging on air. You keep on guessing why and how it came to a point where silence meant “the end”. Compare it with a resounding goodbye. At least you have something to remember that yes, the other person left for good. Because the word goodbye came out of their lips, travelled in the air, passed through your ears, processed in your brains and hit your heart straight to the core.
So if you want to leave someone, tell them, let them hear it. Be brutal if you must even once in your life though you don’t want to. It will hurt like all the broken promises but better than to keep them guessing right? Remember, not all people are mind readers, give them the freedom they deserve. Do not worry for they will heal no matter what happens.
I doodle a lot. It does not matter where, these are my thoughts running and I want to catch them like colorful butterflies and keep them in a jar. If you have anything to share or have any questions in mind, please feel free to comment. Thank you ♥
Music during Sundays makes us wanna slouch and snooze all day. After a long and tiring but fruitful Sunday, my girls, Ton and I had a small talk about “Love, heartbreaks and the never-ending cycle”. Nina’s Someday song inspired us so much we came up certain stages. This just came from our point of view and based on personal experiences.
1. On the way to Heartbreak – When all efforts are meaningless, you just have to break it or the other way around.
2. Heart broken – Either you feel torn into a million pieces or you feel this invisible hole in your heart.
3. Feel the hurt – You ask questions on why you have to experience such.
4. Acceptance – You start to think about the future again… Someday
5. A new season – Now you are ready…. to fall again.
6. New heart – You finally found him/her 🙂
7. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE – This is the problem, we can’t think of any song that makes us feel so in love, like in love everyday with that one person you finally found. Can you help us? Any song recommendations for our 7th part of the cycle?
So I discussed this entry of mine with my sisters. They had a few suggestions and I needed to check out the lyrics first to see if they will fit the 7th part of the cycle. After 30 minutes, I settled with this one. The song is entitled “You’re my You” by a Filipino singer Nyoy Volante. If you listen closely, he sounds so in love and contented with his love. Tell me if you like it guys! ♥
THINGS WE MUST DO
1. Don’t compare your life to others’. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
2. Don’t have negative thoughts of things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment
3. Don’t overdo; keep your limits
4. Don’t take yourself so seriously; no one else does
5. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip
6. Dream more while you are awake
7. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
8. Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind your partner of his/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
9. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don’t hate others.
10. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
11. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
12. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn.
13. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
14. Smile and laugh more
15. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
1. Call your family often
2. Each day give something good to others
3. Forgive everyone for everything
4. Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6
5. Try to make at least three people smile each day
6. What other people think of you is none of your business
7. Your job will not take care of you when you are sick. Your family and friends will. Stay in touch.
1. Put GOD first in anything and everything that you think, say and do.
2. GOD heals everything
3. Do the right things
4. However good or bad a situation is, it will change
5. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up
6. The best is yet to come
7. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful
8. When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it